Thursday, August 23, 2007

They Try to Make Me Go to Rehab, I Say No, No, No....

Thrifted Tuesday!
Again, on a Thursday......
Turns out, I've got a Partner In Crime.....
Evil Thrifters... taking over the world in second hand shoes and refashioned frocks....he he he


Anyways, onto the goods...


For the price of half a metre of quilting fabric from my local quilting shop - this whole pile of brilliant cottons:


Thrifted Fabric Stash


I'm especially fond of the blue and white spot with the green cherries......oh and That Leopard Print - I'm a sucker for animal prints, I love their trashy, nouveau-riche socialite value....brilliant..


Second up is a simple polka-dot t-shirt for work, paired with some plastic/fantastic yellow beads:


Thrifted yellow beads + polka t-shirt


I swear, I'm going through a Second TennagerHood...... I've been a Melbourne Influenced Black is the new Black wearer for years (augmented by my large stage as a Punk), and now suddenly, it's all about colour, and plastic stuff, and bright shoes, and skinny jeans.......lord, what's happening to me?????


Anyway, harkening back to my roots now, my little heart leapt when I saw this, for $1:


Thrifted cookbook from my childhood


Think of the Ginger Fluff Sponge, people!
I learnt how to cook out of books like these - simple, economical food for country people, stodgy and weird - things like trifle and christmas cakes full of booze, pavlova and sponges, bread and butter pudding, the works.
Being vegetarian, the meat section is truly terrifying, but I love it nonetheless.....


And there you have it... the thrift haul o' the week.


In other news, I've been rearranging the kitchen, making way for my new purchase:


New Ikea purchase + My Kitchen


Which neccesitated a complete rearragement of the Teacup Collection:


Rearranging the Teacup Collection


Taking photos of which was just an excuse to share a snippet of the vintage crockery collection!


I've also branched out in the knitting stakes, and puchased a new pattern from Six and a Half Stitches, a gorgeous flap front babies' cardigan with fabric details - a true favourite amongst readers of Alison's Blog. I'm going out on a limb here, knitting with a pattern and all, so expect lots of call-outs for advice! Hopefully I'll manage to get a passable version knitted for the new addition to the family, via my sister, who is due sometime in October......


Phew! A big post after a little break!


The blog moving plans are still going ahead, and I'm expecting to move very soon, plus the quilt tutorial is on it's way, but I'm going to save it for the new location.......plenty of plans in the works...


Cheers m'dears - Leah xx


Oh, and the lyric in the title? Amy Winehouse. I cannot get her songs out of my head.....

7 comments:

Kirsty said...

Hi Leah

I'm also having a go at thrifted Tuesday. It's a bit of fun. Thanks for kicking it off. My finds this week are not equal to your sensational booty.

Kirsty

dutchcomfort said...

Wow, that’s some thrifting store you visited and a great bounty to revel in!

shula said...

I do eat meat, and the meat sections from that period STILL freak me out.

shula said...

And Amy Winehouse is on high rotation here, too.

AMCSviatko said...

Great fabric haul...

kimberlee said...

oh envy on so so many levels. First, of course, the second hand finds. There are no op shops by me and I am LURVING that fabric. SIGH
second, TOTAL and complete kitchen envy. DO you hang out in there all day? I would. Where did you find that wooden island bench. fantabulous!!!

x0x0x
Kimberlee
ps have you mentioned your new name and I somehow missed it?

Kelly said...

I have begun to answer every question my husband askes singing "no no no", although it seems more funny to me than him I think! Love, love, love the thrifstore goodies! -kb