Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ta....

First of all, before I go into anything else, I wanted to say a big thankyou to all the people who commented on my quilt in the last post. It was so nice to get emails and comments, and requests for tutorials, and I'm still quite crap at replying to everyone in person, so please take this as my personal thankyou......


Today, like many days in this household, began with eggs.


Breakfast Sunday


So weird to think that I used to be vegan, and the very thought of eggs was enough to make me gag....now I eat them by the bucketload. In fact, the reason I don't post too often over at Breakfast Sunday, is because I get shamed by all those gorgeous, healthy, meusli and yoghurt/ fresh fruit combinations!


Though once the weather gets warmer, I'll be eating less stodgy things to start the day.....


Speaking of the end of winter, even though I look forward to some sunshine like a woman possesed, I will miss having a real, concrete reason to knit. I wandered into the Spotlight winter yarn sale the other day, and came home with all of this, mostly at 2 or 3 dollars a ball:


Wool Sale Yarn


Which I very quickly turned into a pair of these:


Hand Knitted Handwarmers


Which, in actual fact, I don't really need anymore. Brilliant. Bring on Spring, I say!


And just to bring this completely random post full of Nothing In Particular to a fitting end - Self Portrait Saturday.


Self Portrait Saturday


Taken in the mirror in my kitchen.


I've been working on the tutorial for the quilt, by the way, but the photos I took turned out a bit shit due to lack of light, so I'm gonna have another go at it tommorrow...... promise!


Sleep well, my pretties.....xxx

6 comments:

laura capello said...

wow, love your mirror. and? you are freaking adorable. and chic.

kimberlee said...

you may have to do a tutorial on how to poach an egg as well. I am hopeless or maybe I lack the right equipment? okay, I'll just look it up.
funky mirror. well done friend. where did you find that?

off to contemplate dinner.

-kimberlee
ps I am not convinced you aussies have a real winter.it sounds suspiciously warm all year round.

shula said...

Given that I'm the boss of Breakfast Sunday, I can say without fear of contradiction, that stodgy breakfasts are exceedingly welcome.

Sarah said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Leah. So glad to find another Armistead Maupin fan. You know I still don't get bloglines. I found it too complicated. In reality, it's probably the easiest thing. I shall have to give it another go. Love your little hand warmers!

Anonymous said...

That quilt? Wow. Like, just wow.

I want to see the tutorial just to bask a bit more in your reflected cleverness.

And speaking of reflections? You scrub up good for a country girl, don't you?

Anonymous said...

You are so stinking cute! And those handwarmers... oh. my. gosh!