Friday, July 27, 2007

New Nongs....

Here's a couple more little buggers that I've been working on for the last few days...


New Nongs


This one is one of the best of the lot....I've changed the pattern around a little, trying to make the limbs sit a little better, and changing the place where I leave it open for stuffing......


New Nongs


Oh, and in case you were wondering, Nongs never have arms. It's just the way it is. For some reason I don't think they need them...


New Nongs


This one is from the old pattern....so is a little more wonky than I would like....


New Nongs


It is satisfying to know that each one I make does get a little better, though... I'm still not convinced that anyone will actually want to buy them, but after I've made a few more, I think I'll list them in my shop, and see what happens.....


New Nongs


Right now, I'm tossing up between opening an Etsy shop, tried, true and tested, or going out on a limb with a similar site that is Australian-focused.... It's called MadeIt, and it's the same as Etsy, really, just an Australian company, using Aussie dollars, and open to overseas buyers anyway, with PayPal and all that jazz...... So I can't see that it would make a HUGE difference which one I should choose, I guess I just feel like I should give the local one a try......


New Nongs


Anyways, whatever I decide, you'll all be the first to know!


Well, it's Taiwanese Noodle Soup time for me, before a crazy Friday night working at the pub......see you all after the weekend!

* Oh, and for those of you who asked - I HAVE finished Harry Potter, and I've added an email address at the top right of the page, so if you want to email me about Harry, or anything else for that matter, go ahead! xxxx

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I love the long legs of the Nongs. Can you explain how they eat without arms? Or don’t they need to eat? Ohhh, I get the picture, that’s why they have long legs!

laura capello said...

of course they don't need arms, they peck at the ground like a bird to eat.

(and don't you dare try to tell me they don't eat. ::looking at my bum:: EVERYTHING eats.)

shula said...

You are...

Nong Woman.

kimberlee said...

i reckon they just have very dexterous toes

-kimberlee

Anonymous said...

hello there, I really like your Nongs. They have lots of character - I particularly like the fabrics you use. best wishes Cathy www.novembermoon.com