Friday, April 13, 2007

Home Is Where the Art Is.....



I'm feeling a little poorly today, my partner has had a touch of a cold, and now I'm feeling rather low energy.....


So, here is a lazy post. one where I show you a few things around my house....


Above is a selection of button badges I made that form a little frieze in the bathroom.....


This is a set of Ikea frames with various little collages, and magazine cutouts, also in the bathroom....(the are blu-tacked to the wall, and keep moving around and falling off.... does anyone have a non-mark-leaving hanging solution for small things? )


DSC_0030.JPG


This one is a wooden tree that used to hold candles, but it has lost its practical function and now just serves as an aesthetic piece.... the collages are a product of my time at art school....these were made sometime in my third year, and are about the only things I have actually kept from that time....


The words on the canvases are old words that I collect that no-one uses anymore....The front one says 'ithyphallic', which means, 'impure, indecent', and the other one says 'aprosexia', which means, 'inability to concentrate'.


DSC_0018.JPG


This morning, fuzzy headed, as I waited for the kettle to boil, I was struck by the colour combination of my crockery....


Breakfast


The green bowl I have had for years, and it's actually quite chipped, but the red mug is a new addition. My taste in mugs couldn't be any different than my taste in teacups..... the bigger the better, and no chintzy, florally details for me....!


There was also a little op shopping mission up into the Adelaide Hills with my work friend, Kari yesterday.....the results?


button and stripes


MORE vintage buttons, and some fabulous bright green (actually brighter than the photo shows) striped fabric that is destined to become a skirt....I think I'll incorporate some of those lovely big black buttons, too.


Well, that said, I'm off to scrub the bath and blow my nose.... I hope the change of season is being kind to you!

No comments: